Friday, August 6, 2010

Sarah Palin Doncha Know

She calls herself a feminist. Usually I love when people are brave enough to stand up and say "this is what a feminist looks like." It's sometimes difficult to do given the stigma attached to it. I mean, who wants to be told they must be ugly and man-hating if they're a feminist?

However, Sarah Palin is not a feminist. For starters she doesn't support women's choice in reproductive health. Look, this would be like me going on national tv, stating my political and social opinions and at the end saying "I'm proud to be an uber conservative republican." That would be a lie (because i'm actually so liberal i've been likened to a communist). Sarah Palin cannot spout off her anti-feminist bullshit and then say it's what feminists believe in. You can't change the meaning of a word that means so much to so many people with lies. Just like you can't say all feminist are lesbian women. It's a lie.

This is a really great article on Sarah Palin. Ms. Bennett puts it much better than I can.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-bennett/sarah-palins-brand-of-fem_b_588729.html

No comments:

Post a Comment