Saturday, August 21, 2010

seriously Rihanna?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

Music video for Love the Way you Lie. I'd actually never listened to this song because I don't really like rap but I did finally and it's awful.

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. But that's alright because I like the way it hurts" No. No you don't like the way it hurts. So ok, seriously Rihanna? You were in an abusive relationship. How could you do this song? It has no point, there's no happy ending or lesson to it, just a man who's so fucking damaged that he lashes out on someone he loves. "I laid hands on her. I'll never stoop so low again. I guess I don't know my own strength." Yes you do. What you don't know is your strength is not for hurting. I can't believe that anyone would rather be in an abusive relationship than a loving one. I mean which is better: being constantly torn down or constantly built up? Please someone explain to me because I honestly do seek to understand and right now it is baffling.

And the song ends with "I just want her back. I know I'm a liar. If she ever tries to fucking leave again I'mma tie her to the bed and set the house on fire." Right, perfect. Then Rihanna says again "i like the way you lie."

I've said it before, if you're in an abusive relationship, leave. I know it's easier said than done. But I swear to god you're better than your partner. You deserve more no matter what he/she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment