Monday, June 21, 2010

I married my best friend

So I sat through Valentines Day for the first time last night. Yikes. The only two moments I enjoyed was seeing McSteamy come out and Julia Roberts come home to her son. The movie should have just been about those three characters. Would have been so much better!

Ok so what's the secret to a great, long marriage? Marry your best friend. Well what if you've never ever once thought of him that way? What if you both are in relationships? No matter! Dump your partner and hook up with your friend. What if you kissed and it was bad? You're still meant to be!!

I really hate this because I'm desperate to learn that men and women can be just friends. I have one good male friend and we've somehow managed to never think of each other that way. This, as far as I can tell, is rare. I mean, it's been pretty rare for me.

The point is, we learn how to function in the world through media. We learn about proper social and gender roles from movies, tv, commercials, songs, ect. According to all I've seen, unless your best friend is homosexual (Will and Grace), eventually you two are going to be bumping uglies. what the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment