Sunday, July 18, 2010

respect women, respect choice

I was watching a house episode where a woman wanted to put off chemo in the hopes that she could deliver her baby premature. Wilson said if she did this she would exponentially decrease her likelihood of survival. In the end, the baby survived and she did not. I'm not sure how I feel about this ending, but the premise deserves a what the hell.

I'm pro-choice, obviously. (i mean have you met me?) I actually feel I destroy the potential for life every month with my menstrual cycle. By not having sex, an egg, nay A CHILD, is flushed out of my body. Sounds like an abortion to me. So I support the right to choose. And if I ever have to, I won't think twice about it.

Now for situations where it's the mothers life or the childs I will always think the mother is more important. If the fetus is not able to survive outside the womb, then it's part of the woman, and therefore not a life of it's own. We have BIRTHdays not conception days. I think this is a big difference.

So what the hell character on House!? You've left your child without a mother and your husband without a wife. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment