Thursday, March 3, 2011

Planned Parenthood.

Ok so I've signed the thing and I completely support any prochoice efforts.

But I feel like I have to share my own personal experience with this organization that goes against the current trend...

So when I was a senior in high school I was just starting to explore my sex life. I was gaining friends who'd already "done it" and sharing stories. Well a good personal friend told me her partner pulled out instead of wearing a condom. This is of course a stupid thing to do (BOY!). Wear a damn condom! So we chatted and decided she needed plan B. Well she was only 17 and you need to be 18 to buy it without a prescription. I was 18 so I offered to buy it for her. I had no idea where to get it (walmart in case you're wondering - $40) so I searched the internet and found the number for Planned Parenthood. I called to talk about Plan B and (I will never forget this) the woman told me in the most judgmental tone that Plan B wasn't contraception, it was an abortion pill. I told her that was ok and she asked me if I was sure I wanted to abort the baby. So I hung up. The next day my friend and I skipped class to go get a pregnancy test and Plan B. We were such class acts lol

The point is, this woman completely turned me off PP. She absolutely lied when she said Plan B was the abortion pill. It is contraception. It's emergency contraception. In another life it was called EC. Now I've never called back because she scarred me for life but if that's what PP is still doing, I can't condone giving them any money at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment