Sunday, March 13, 2011

religion = child abuse... yea that makes sense


so I've seen this quote twice and I just think it's sick. I don't buy into organized religion and I really don't like how conservatives use it to justify all sorts of inequities. But I don't think teaching children about religion is the same as child rape. Duh. I mean come on people!! This would have been funny if they left it at "waving it around." So I don't think it's meant to be funny. I think this was meant to make a statement like "quit stopping me on the street in Edinburgh telling me how to convert jews to christianity" (yes this happened to me and my friend Katy)

But see, now that I think about it, it's perfectly fine to show your spirituality. I say this because many people say this about homosexuality. Gays and lesbians aren't allowed to hold hands or kiss in public because that would be shoving their way of life down other people's throats. Meanwhile heteros are free to express their affection in whatever way they wish. Stupid patriarchy... what the hell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment